Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Summer Edition






Spring and summer is slowly sneaking up on us and with it comes brighter, lighter and longer days which means that a change-up in the make-up and beauty bag might be about time. I have popped a few of my spring/summer beauty picks into my summery-blue H&M bag (much love for this baby) and thought I would share them with you. Included are 4 nail polishes in super bright, happy colours, a sunscreen, a body lotion, a lip butter and a BB cream! 

The body lotion is from a beauty store called Kicks who have their own beauty products including this Fruit Punch smelling treasure. It's light, non-sticky, moisturising, fresh smelling (fruity) and has a super cute packaging! What more can you ask for in a body lotion? Of course moisture is not the only thing our skin needs in the warmer months. As the sun appears more frequently we need protection against its evil twin (I'm looking at you UVA/UVB). I have a mini version of the Biotherm Lait Solaire SPF30 and I think I might go get a full size of it sooner rather than later because this is one heck of a good 'un. You know why? Because it does not go sticky and "oily" on your skin and face such as all other sun protectors. The scent is citrus-y and fresh and quite appropriate for summer :) As for face, I guess I am not the only one who prefer lighter bases during the summer months, and for now the L'orĂ©al Nude Magique BB Cream is amongst the top competitors as my go-to light, dewy(but not shiny) summer base. It evens out the skin tone whilst providing a light coverage that leaves the skin looking healthy and glowing. I approve. Revlon Lip Butters have been under the spotlight ever since they arrived and I have selected the pink coloured Sweet Tart as my smooth, moisturising, summer lip colour. Then comes the nails. 4 were selected and they will stay close to my fingertips until the early autumn months. The lucky ones are Dior Acapulco, Essie She's Pampered, Essie Bahama Mama and Essie Mint Candy Apple (Featured in my March Favourites video). All are gorgeous in colour, opacity, longevity and consistency. Check, check, check and check!

Other than that I love loose and messy hair, laidback - slightly hippy/retro clothes, coral and peachy lip colours and converse shoes. They all go together so well in the summer months.

I would love to know what your summer/spring beauty picks are so let me know in the comments or maybe in a blogpost on your blog in you have one (just leave me the link if so). 

Lots of love,

Em



FOLLOW ME:

8 comments:

That Brief Encounter said...

Them Essie Nail Polishes are gorgeous, I really want Mint Candy Apple:) My favourite Summer nail polish would be Essie's Meet Me At Sunset, it's really pretty:)

http://thatbriefencounter.blogspot.co.uk

xxx

Sam said...

Lovely post! I adore the pretty nail shades, reminds me of sorbet!

Becky Fearn said...

mint candy apple <3 and i really would like to try more of the revlon lip butters!

beautyandtheb1.co.uk

B xxx

Emily / www.thebeautymist.co.uk said...

That Dior polish looks so nice:) x

www.thebeautymist.com

Unknown said...

I absolutely love it! Although I do need a bit more of a tan before wearing it ...otherwise my hands end up looking dead :/ xx

Unknown said...

Oh Thank you ! Same here! I love these kinds of fresh and summery colours. xx

Unknown said...

I know - it's gorgeous! And yo definitely should! they are super smooth and moisturising at the same time as they're pigmented! xx

Unknown said...

You should try it! I have fallen head over heels for it :) Oooh, I might have a look at that then! xx

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig