Monday, May 20, 2013

On the Brighter Side of Lippies



Summer is here, well almost at least, which means the make-up is lighter and the lipsticks are brighter, but I find that it can be hard to choose a fresh colour for the warmer months as there are so many out there! Therefore, in order to help you choose yours, I am bringing you my 3 current favourite bright lipsticks.

First one to enter the spotlight is one of the well renowned Revlon Lip Butters, this one is in the bright pink colour called Sweet Tart. I absolutely adore the consistency of this lipstick! It is smooth like butter (duh...), moisturising like a lip balm and slightly glossy - just enough to make your lips look luscious and fresh! Although it is not completely opaque, it is pigmented enough to keep you from having to apply ten layers for it to be true to its colour.

Next up is from the peachy - coral spectre of the colour ring. Let me introduce you to my go-to summer lip, Costa Chic a frosted coral by none other than MAC. Compared to the Revlon lip butter, this little tube contains more than  enough pigmentation. A quick slide over the top and bottom lip and you are left with gorgeous, non glossy, but slightly frosty, coral lips. Although it is not a dry lip product, I do suggest applying a lip balm in advance just to avoid any flakes or dryness. 

Last up on stage is the most "out there" shade of the three as is is an amplified MAC lipstick called Watch Me Simmer. I mentioned this in my april favourites post but did not go into any debts about it. Well then, it is a very vibrant coral colour with a little bit of pink in it. Just imagine a watermelon/strawberry popsicle and you've got it. This little bad boy doesn't have any frost, sparkle, gloss or shimmer in it so it leaves a fairly matte but creamy finish. I do find that without a lip balm under it or a gloss over (which never happens in my "I am not a fan of lip gloss" state of mind) it tends to feel quite dry so do a bit of scrubbing and moisturising before you put it on. Once it is applied it won't go anywhere for a while though, so a top-up isn't needed until a good 3-4 hours or so, unless you eat a big-ass meal..then I'd keep it ready just in case.

Alright, that was my three little babies whom I have now let you meet. I hope this was of some sort of help or at least interest to you. If you have any favourite lip products for the summer months then let me know in the comments as I am always interested in finding new products to love! 


And just a quick note, I will be doing a giveaway during the next couple of weeks as I am about to write my 100th post and want to celebrate! Keep an eye out for that, and if you want to make sure you won't miss it, you can follow me on twitter  and I will announce it there as well :)


Lots of Love,
Em


FOLLOW ME:
Twitter - Pinterest - Bloglovin - Instagram - Polyvore - Keek - Youtube
Ps: If you fancy watching me do a challenge click HERE

3 comments:

studentbeauty said...

What's the last one called? It looks lovely xxx

Unknown said...

Whops! forgot to say that! It is Watch me simmer :) x

Yinyin said...

Absolutely love the colours you've picked - beautiful and summery!
I love the revlon lip butters too!
Yinyin xx
YinyinLoves

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig