I have always thought that arabian inspired makeup is absolutely stunning, but it is a bit over the top for every-day wear in my opinion. Therefore I took upon me the task of creating a slight arabian-ish eye look that would be wearable for at least a party if not everyday. Continue reading below the pictures for a step-by-step tutorial.
1. Start off by applying your base and fill in your eyebrows (use whatever floats your boat for this step, really) I used Boots Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and Maybeline FitMe Concealer. And for my brows I used the NYX Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe.
2. Apply a shimmery, warm, nude cream shadow all over your lid. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bulletproof Beige is perfect for this. Over this cream, apply a similar shade in eyeshadow form, All That Glitters from MAC is what I used, which is a shimmery, golden pink colour.
3. Through the crease I applied Urban Decay's Buck (from the Naked palette) which is a warm, light brown. Focus most of the colour in the outer part of your crease and make it softer as you blend it towards the inner half. Also trace this colour along the lower lash line.
4. Eyeliner time! I used the L'oréal Gel Intenza Eyeliner in Violet Black with a small eyeliner brush by Sigma (#E10). This eyeliner is a deep violet shade with a hint of shimmer in it, and I created a thin line all across the upper lash-line as well as creating a long, thin flick on the outer corner. I also took it down to a little point in the tear-duct to create that feline, arabian look.
This is where I applied some false lashes, but feel free to skip that and just go for mascara on its own, I just felt like going all out.
5. For contouring I used Sleek Contour Kit in medium (along my temples, sides of my nose and under the cheekbones) and for blush I used a vibrant, shimmery orange-red colour called P Pie which is also by Sleek.
6. To finish it off I applied Rebel lipstick by MAC. This is one of my all-time favourite lip colours and I adore the combination of the golden eyes and the berry lips.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Please let me know if you try it and tell me how it went. Also let me know if there are any specific make-up looks you would like me to do! I am open do making it in video form if that is more preferable. Just pop it in a comment below and I will make sure to add your suggestions to my list :)
Lots of love,