Friday, November 09, 2012

Photoshoot

Today I have taken on a pretty fun project : making my creative portfolio for my University application!  Since I'm not very much of a designer or a drawer I decided to focus my portfolio on pictures, editing, styling (hair +fashion) and makeup. Oh, for the record I am applying to Fashion Marketing with a few twists, at a few different universities in the UK. Not all of the universities require a portfolio for this course as it is not an extremely creative/"crafty" type of study, however some of them do, and therefore I have to make one.

I have gotten a few of my friends to help me out by being my "models" and Ingeborg was the first one out, today. I have had a chance to look through the pictures and edit a few of them, so I thought I could share some of them with you! Keep in mind that I am not a professional photographer, stylist nor makeup artist, I am just doing something I love and find interesting. Now lets take a look at this beautiful girl!




 I wanted to do my take on the thick smoked out eyeliner à la Lanvin, and so I did. As for the skin, I went for a glowing, bronzed skin to balance the dramatic eyes and the dark berry lips.
The products I used were:

Skin // Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanner, CHANEL Vitalumière Aqua (In B10 Beige-Pastel), Maybeline Dream Lumitouch concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (2 Light), Sleek Contour Kit (Medium), TopShop Highlighter (Crescent Moon), MAC blush (Fleet Fast - Limited Edition Summer 2012), Maybeline Blush (76 Golden Bronze) and RIMMEL Stay Matte Powder (001 Transparant)

 Eyes // Maybeline Colour Tattoo (40 Permanent Taupe), Maybeline Lasting Drama Gel Liner (01 Black), L'oréal Super Liner (Carbon Black), Urban Decay Eyeshadows (Blackout, Bootycall, Foxy), MAC eyeshadow (Omega - this was also what I used for the eyebrows), Maybeline Flared Mascara and Ardell False Lashes (120 Demi)

Lips // In picture 1 and 3: MAC Lipstick (Rebel) and Revlon Kissable BalmStain (Crushed)
In Picture 2: MAC Cremesheen Glass (Over Indulgence) and e.l.f Lipstick (Party Pink)

Headband is from H&M.

What do you think about the pictures?
Would you like a tutorial on this (if yes - video or pictures w/description?)


- Em



FOLLOW ME:

Twitter - Pinterest - Bloglovin - Instagram (under the username emyly95)

4 comments:

Katherine xo said...

these photos are stunning :)

I nominated you for the Liebster and Versatile Blogger Award on my blog so check it out for details :)

http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow Thank you!! I really appreciate it :)

xx Em

Maja said...

truly pretty photos <3

Unknown said...

Thank you soo much! :)

xx Em

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig