Saturday, December 01, 2012

How To: Gold Sparkly Eyes

Happy 1st of December! As promised I will be doing a "12 days of Christmas" blogathon (at least that's what I call it), and starting today there will be festive, christmas related posts every other day all the way up until Christmas. To kick start it all I created a step-by-step tutorial on how to do a perfect Christmas make-up look with a gold, sparkly eye and a red lip.


Let's Start !



(Optional) Step 1 : Apply a primer to make your shadows stay more opaque for longer and to prevent creasing.
E.g. : Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Primer Potion, NARS Eye Primer

Step 2: Apply a gold cream shadow all over your lid, up to your crease, as shown below:
I used Maybeline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze

Step 3: Apply a gold shadow over the same area as you just put the cream shadow.
I used an Urban Decay eyeshadow in Half Baked



Step 4: Apply a dark brown in your crease.
I used a mix of MAC's Espresso and Urban Decay's Darkhorse




Step 5: Apply a red lip liner to both shape and fill in your lip, then go over with a true red lipstick.
I used MAC's Cherry lip pencil and Lancome's Rouge in Love lipstick in 170N


All the products used:


Hope you enjoyed! Let me know if you would like me to do more of these "How To" posts, and if there are any posts (tips/recommendations etc) you would like me to do in my "12 Days of Christmas" blogathon then just leave them in the comments section :)



- Em


By the way, there has come quite a lot of snow! Perfect timing! Love, love, love it.



FOLLOW ME:

Twitter - Pinterest - Bloglovin - Instagram (under the username emyly95)

2 comments:

lilhabibti said...

wow u have that super model gap in your teeth, very cute xox

Bettina

http://bettinahearts.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Haha, thank you! xx

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig